Column about sports where one-liners and sarcasm will be the theme in the ever laughable world of professional sports.

Monday, April 18, 2005

Occasionally Coherent Ramblings #12

Mike Tyson? Who the hell cares about Tyson anymore (thank goodness Tyson cannot read so he cannot bust my brains in for that comment). Who cares about Tyson when we can have a Gary Sheffield versus Ron Artest prize match?

Crazy Ramblings of owners: Minnesota Timberwolves owner, Glen Taylor, sounding off about how Sam Cassell and Latrell "I like choking my coach" Sprewell were a "failed experiment" versus George Steinbrenner (who else could I pick) on how his team is off to an awful start at 4-8.

Lance Armstrong retiring due to age and exhaustion versus excessive use of doping

Manny Ramirez hitting two home runs (including an inside-the-park home run) versus losing two balls in the sun in the same game. Scorecard at home: 2 HRs vs 2 Errors

The collapse of the Cavaliers versus the great play of the Detroit Pistons (kills me to say being a devoted Chicago fan)

Kobe Bryant not making the playoffs with the Lakers vs "Buddy" Shaquille O'Neal and the Heat being the First-seed. (Only the Bulls being in the playoffs did I enjoy more than Kobe and the Lakers not making the playoffs and Shaq-Daddy and the Heat being a number one)

NFL Draft versus the NHL Draft

New York Yankees with a 4-8 record and a $252 Million Payroll versus the Washington Nationals with a 8-4 records and a $48 Million Payroll (Derek Jeter and Alex Rodriguez combined for $45 Million)

Amare Stoudemire vs Kwame Brown
Kevin Garnett vs DeSanga Diop
Mike Williams vs Maurice Clarett
City of Boston Sports vs the city of Cleveland sports (thank god for Cleveland, otherwise I may have had to put up Chicago...but more likely New York)
Red Sox fan vs. Gary Sheffiled
What do these all have in common? The obvious, the good and the bad, and the ugly

My excitement for Baseball season vs NBA Postseason with the Bulls vs the NFL Draft vs summer....Things I have been waiting for a long time.

And I bet you cannot wait, but, I will have a first round of the NFL Draft Day Log and I will post it right here on the "Occasionally Coherent ramblings" of Little Pinz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home